Breast Reduction Surgery (Reduction Mammoplasty)
A breast reduction is performed to reduce the size and improve the appearance of unusually large breasts. Large breasts may cause aches and pains in the back and upper neck and may cause deep grooves on the shoulders from brassiere straps that support the excessively heavy breasts. The breast reduction alleviates these symptoms and also improves the overall appearance.
What to Expect
- Anesthesia – Usually local with IV sedation
- Length of Surgery – 3 to 4 hours
- In / Outpatient – Generally out-patient in our accredited on-site surgery center
- Recovery – Back to work: 1 to 2 weeks with arms restrictions. Strenuous activity: 3 to 6 weeks.
- Fading of Scars – Several months to one year
- Duration of Results – Results may last several years, but gravity, aging, and weight changes may affect the results. Results vary.
Incisions are made around the nipple area (areola) and from the areola to the fold and in the fold. Symmetry should be significantly improved with this surgery although it can never be completely perfect. This surgery is most often chosen by patients with bigger breasts who want them smaller.
Dr. William Sabbagh, is the ultimate professional. I have trusted him on several occasions and I have never been disappointed. I will and have referred him to many friends and relatives. I would never consider another doctor for plastic surgery. He is simply the best.
What are the Risks?
No surgical procedure is risk free and that includes cosmetic surgery like breast reduction surgery. During your consultation with Dr. Sabbagh, he will review the risks so you can make an educated decision.
With an established track record of over 80 years, board certified plastic surgeons, an accredited facility, and thousands of satisfied patients throughout Dearborn, metro Detroit, Michigan and the U.S., the Straith Clinic has earned an excellent reputation for cosmetic surgery of the face and body.
Call us today at 248-270-5272 or send us an email to schedule a consultation during which you can discuss our facial and body services and tour our facility, including our on-site operating facility.