A thigh lift is performed to correct sagging skin and fat of the inner thighs.
What to Expect
- Anesthesia – Usually local with IV sedation
- Length of Surgery – 2 to 3 hours
- In / Outpatient – Generally out-patient in our accredited on-site surgery center or in a hospital setting.
- Recovery – Back to work in 2-4 weeks – strenuous exercise and activities such as sports must be restricted for six to eight weeks.
- Fading of Scars – Several months to one year
- Duration of Results – Thigh lift results are usually permanent although gravity, aging, and weight changes may affect your results.
An incision in the groin crease is used to excise the redundant skin and fat. This excision could extend all the way around the leg, pulling up three to four inches of thigh skin and fat, thus reducing the sagging and possibly improving the “cellulite” and/or bubbling appearance of the skin of the upper thigh. Sometimes, a vertical incision is used, which extends from the inside of the thigh from the groin to above the knee.
Wonderful experience and I can’t thank the staff and William Sabbagh enough! You guys are awesome. Keep up the excellent work.
What are the Risks?
No surgical procedure is risk free and that includes cosmetic surgery like thigh lift surgery. During your consultation with Dr. Sabbagh, he will review the risks so you can make an educated decision.
With an established track record of over 80 years, board certified plastic surgeons, an accredited facility, and thousands of satisfied patients throughout Dearborn, metro Detroit, Michigan and the U.S., the Straith Clinic has earned an excellent reputation for cosmetic surgery of the face and body.
Call us today at 248-270-5272 or send us an email to schedule a consultation during which you can discuss our facial and body services and tour our facility, including our on-site operating facility.