Breast Reduction is performed to help women with enlarged breasts get a reduced breast size along with a better shape and contour. Breast reduction is commonly requested because large breasts can cause physical and emotional pain. The breast reduction at Straith Clinic helps women to get an improved appearance that they can feel good about.
- 1 What to Expect
- 2 The Procedure
- 3 What Are the Risks?
- 4 How Long is The Recovery from Breast Reduction?
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions About Breast Reduction?
- 5.1 Can breast grow back after reduction?
- 5.2 Do you lose feeling in your nipples after breast reduction?
- 5.3 Do you lose weight after breast reduction?
- 5.4 How can I reduce my cup size?
- 5.5 How do breast reductions work?
- 5.6 How do I know if I need a breast reduction?
- 5.7 How long does it take for swelling to go down after breast reduction?
- 5.8 How long does it take to recover from a breast reduction?
- 5.9 When can I wear a normal bra after breast reduction?
- 5.10 Is it worth getting a breast reduction?
- 5.11 Has anyone had a second breast reduction?
- 5.12 Does insurance pay for breast reduction?
What to Expect
- Anesthesia– Generally with local anesthesia along with IV sedation.
- Length of Surgery- Takes between 2 to 5 hours.
- In/Outpatient-Generally this is done on an outpatient basis at our accredited on-site surgery center.
- Recovery- Back to work:1-2 weeks with some restriction. Strenuous Activity: 6-10 weeks.
- Fading of Scars- Scars should start to fade after several months
- Duration of Results- Breasts should remain a consistent size but gravity, aging, weight fluctuations, or pregnancy could change your breast size.
During the breast reduction procedure excess skin, fat, and breast tissue is removed, the nipple-areola complex is shifted to a higher position, and the leftover skin is moved to reshape the breast. The anchor incision is typically used where it is made around the areola, down to the crease and in the crease beneath the breast. This helps to raise the nipple to a higher position. After the surgery your breasts will be more proportional to your body.
What Are the Risks?
Like any surgery, the breast reduction procedure comes with some risks. During your consultation with Dr. Sabbagh, he will go over all of the potential risks with you to help you make an educated decision about your procedure.
How Long is The Recovery from Breast Reduction?
Dr. Sabbagh will provide a complete list of steps to follow during your breast reduction recovery. The recovery period varies for each patient but typically between 6-10 weeks long before you can return to all activities. Full results may settle in for a couple of months following the operation as your skin still needs time to heal and get used to the new shape and size. The recovery period can be discussed during your consultation with Dr. Sabbagh.
Frequently Asked Questions About Breast Reduction?
Can breast grow back after reduction?
Do you lose feeling in your nipples after breast reduction?
Do you lose weight after breast reduction?
How can I reduce my cup size?
How do breast reductions work?
How do I know if I need a breast reduction?
How long does it take for swelling to go down after breast reduction?
How long does it take to recover from a breast reduction?
When can I wear a normal bra after breast reduction?
Is it worth getting a breast reduction?
Has anyone had a second breast reduction?
Does insurance pay for breast reduction?
With an established track record of over 80 years, an accredited facility, and thousands of satisfied patients throughout Dearborn, metro Detroit, Michigan and the U.S., the Straith Clinic has earned an excellent reputation for cosmetic surgery of the face and body.