Arm reduction is performed for the removal of excess skin and fat of the upper arm.
- 1 What to Expect
- 2 The Procedure
- 3 What are the Risks?
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
What to Expect
- Anesthesia – Usually local with IV sedation
- Length of Surgery – 1 to 2 hours
- In / Outpatient – Generally out-patient in our accredited on-site surgery center or in a hospital setting with an overnight stay.
- Fading of Scars – Several months to one year
- Recovery – Back to work in two to four weeks. Strenuous exercises and activities, such as sports, must be restricted for four to eight weeks.
- Duration of Results – Results from an arm lift in Dearborn and West Bloomfield may last several years, although gravity, aging, and weight changes may affect the long-term result. Results vary.
A long strip of skin and fat is excised in the inner arm. The scar is visible and will be hidden only when the arm is against the body. The incision can extend down to and around the elbow to reduce wrinkles and excessive skin. This scar may be visible.
Dear Dr. Sabbagh, I want to thank you for taking such good care of me and making my experience at Straith Clinic so great. It’s only been a little over a week since my surgery, but I’m very pleased with the results. You and all your staff have been a pleasure. Please also extend my thanks to Brenda and Helen in the O.R. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Straith Clinic to anyone contemplating surgery. Thanks Again.
What are the Risks?
No surgical procedure is risk-free and that includes cosmetic surgery like arm lift surgery. During your consultation with Dr. Sabbagh, he will review the risks so you can make an educated decision. With an established track record of over 80 years, an accredited facility, and thousands of satisfied patients throughout Dearborn, metro Detroit, Michigan and the U.S., the Straith Clinic has earned an excellent reputation for cosmetic surgery of the face and body. Call us today at 248-270-5272 or send us an email to schedule a consultation during which you can discuss our facial and body services and tour our facility, including our on-site operating facility.