- 1 Botox® Cosmetic – Personally injected by Dr. Sabbagh
- 2 What Does Botox® Treat?
- 3 Real Results
- 4 What to Expect During Botox®
- 5 How much does Botox cost?
- 6 Am I a good candidate for Botox?
- 7 Frequently asked questions about Botox
- 7.1 What body areas can be treated by Botox injectables?
- 7.2 Which type of Botox is best for me?
- 7.3 How often can I get Botox treatment?
- 7.4 What can I expect from Botox?
- 7.5 Do Botox injections hurt?
- 7.6 Does Botox leave scars?
- 7.7 Are there any side effects from Botox dermal fillers?
- 7.8 How long does Botox injectable last?
- 7.9 What are the risks of Botox treatments?
- 7.10 What downtime can I expect with Botox?
Botox® Cosmetic – Personally injected by Dr. Sabbagh
Botox® Cosmetic is a purified toxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. Botox® Cosmetic, in extremely small doses, is injected directly (non-surgical) into the specific muscles that cause frown lines, forehead crease, and wrinkles near outside corner of the eyes (crows’ feet). These isolated muscles are relaxed by the Botox® Cosmetic and can no longer contract. At the Straith Clinic, Botox® Cosmetic injections are performed by Dr. Sabbagh, our board-certified Plastic Surgeon (ASPS).
What Does Botox® Treat?
Botox® Cosmetic is used to treat frown lines, forehead lines, crow’s feet and excessive sweating. For anti-aging, the lines and wrinkles that can be treated are “dynamic” which means that they move with expression and form from repetitive movement. In recent years, there has been research showing that Botox injections have been FDA-approved for the treatment of migraines. Botox for headaches is just another practical application for this injectable solution.
What to Expect During Botox®
- Anesthesia – None. There is also no need for a topical numbing agent as the injections is quite fast and is performed with a super fine needle.
- Length of Surgery – The average time for Botox injections is 15 minutes. Injectables & fillers, in general, do not take long to inject, the bulk of the time is used to consult the patient on placement.
- In / Outpatient – Cosmetic injectable treatments are performed as in-office procedures.
- Duration of Results – Results vary from patient to patient. Facial Botox lasts three to six months. While uses for Botox such as underarm sweat, Botox lasts several months to a year.
You should notice results within a few days to a week. With the final result, there’s a noticeable improvement of the lines and fine wrinkles in the areas injected. The result may vary from patient to patient. Although the results are visible, Botox® Cosmetic will not radically change your facial appearance.
Many patients that come into our office feel that their droopy brows, bunny lines, and horizontal wrinkles make them appear older or angrier than they are. Botox can easily provide a smoother forehead and reduce fine lines and wrinkles in areas where dynamic movement has caused the
For Excessive Sweating
When topical antiperspirant medicines are not strong enough to prevent underarm sweating, Botox® Cosmetic may be the next best option. Botox® Cosmetic injections are used to temporarily stop the production of excessive sweat in the treated areas. When this happens, the sweat will continue to be produced in other places.
So where exactly does this sweat go?
Naturally, your sweat doesn’t go anywhere or get backed up because the sweat is not produced in the areas where the Botox® Cosmetic was injected. Just like normal, the untreated areas of your body is free to produce sweat!
How much does Botox cost?
Cosmetic injectable treatments are more affordable options for facial rejuvenation in comparison to more invasive methods. Depending on your concerns, Botox injections can enhance your own youthful beauty in a non-invasive way. Prices are typically measured by unit or CC and vary by practice and how much you need to achieve a natural result. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Sabbagh to learn more about how much you may need and the approximate cost.
Am I a good candidate for Botox?
Most patients in good general health are candidates for minimally invasive facial rejuvenation methods. Botox for men, or Brotox, is just as effective in preventing wrinkles in men as it is in women. Men can also experience a younger and more youthful complexion with Botox injections. Botox can be used preventively as well to stop the repetitive movement that will eventually lead to lines and wrinkles in some people that make certain expressions often. If you’re interested in other procedures that are minimally invasive like Botox, learn more about our other non–cosmetic treatments.
Frequently asked questions about Botox
What body areas can be treated by Botox injectables?
Which type of Botox is best for me?
How often can I get Botox treatment?
What can I expect from Botox?
Do Botox injections hurt?
Does Botox leave scars?
Are there any side effects from Botox dermal fillers?
How long does Botox injectable last?
What are the risks of Botox treatments?
What downtime can I expect with Botox?
Straith Clinic is the best, I’ve gone elsewhere in the past – bad mistake. I’ll never go anywhere else. I highly recommend Straith Clinic.
Call us today at 248-270-5272 or send us an email to schedule a consultation.