Breast Lift Surgery (Mastopexy)
A breast lift is performed to correct sagging breasts with low nipples and to increase firmness without reducing the size.
What to Expect
- Anesthesia – Usually local with IV sedation
- Length of Surgery – 3 hours
- In / Outpatient – Generally out-patient in our accredited on-site surgery center
- Recovery – Back to work: 1 to 2 weeks with arms restrictions. Strenuous activity: 3 to 6 weeks.
- Fading of Scars – Several months to one year
- Duration of Results – Results last many years, but gravity, pregnancy, aging, and weight changes may cause new sagging. Results vary.
The operation involves a rearrangement of the soft tissues, repositioning the nipple, and increasing firmness by tightening the skin covering. In some cases, this procedure may be combined with the use of an implant to enlarge the breast when readjustment of the normal tissue alone will not suffice.
Dr. William Sabbagh, I want to thank you for taking your time and doing such conscientious work on my recent surgery. Although it may seem that a patient should not have to thank a doctor for those things, I do, because I feel that you, and also your operating room staff, are the exception rather than the rule. Thanks so much.
What are the Risks?
No surgical procedure is risk free and that includes cosmetic surgery like breast lift surgery. During your consultation with Dr. Sabbagh, he will review the risks so you can make an educated decision.
With an established track record of over 80 years, board certified plastic surgeons, an accredited facility, and thousands of satisfied patients throughout Dearborn, metro Detroit, Michigan and the U.S., the Straith Clinic has earned an excellent reputation for cosmetic surgery of the face and body.
Call us today at 248-270-5272 or send us an email to schedule a consultation during which you can discuss our facial and body services and tour our facility, including our on-site operating facility.