Liposuction is performed to remove fatty deposits without conspicuous scars. The purpose of this operation is to improve and normalize body contours. Nearly all areas of the body, with certain exceptions, can be treated.
What to Expect
- Anesthesia – Usually local with IV sedation
- Length of Surgery – 1 to 2 hours, or more depending on how many areas to be treated
- In/Outpatient – Generally out-patient in our accredited on-site surgery center
- Recovery – Back to work 1 week. More strenuous activity: 2-4 weeks.
- Fading of Scars – Several months to one year
- Duration of Results – Liposuction results vary in regards to their duration, but gravity, aging, and weight changes easily affects results.
The Procedure & Best Candidates
The Straith Clinic Mission Statement is right on target with my experience!
Following liposuction, patients will need to wear compression garments on the treatment area to help aid in healing and prevent swelling. Healing will be gradual, and most patients can return to work within a few days of surgery. Patients are also advised to stay out of the sun for a minimum of six weeks to prevent swelling. It is important to follow Dr. Sabbagh’s post-operative instructions for a quick and safe recovery.
What are the Risks?
No surgical procedure is risk-free and that includes cosmetic surgery like liposuction surgery. During your consultation with Dr. Sabbagh, he will review the risks so you can make an educated decision. With an established track record of over 80 years, an accredited facility, and thousands of satisfied patients throughout Dearborn, metro Detroit, Michigan and the U.S., the Straith Clinic has earned an excellent reputation for cosmetic surgery of the face and body. Call us today at 248-270-5272 or send us an email to schedule a consultation during which you can discuss our facial and body services and tour our facility, including our on-site operating facility.