- 1 Liposuction
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 2.1 Are you put to sleep for liposuction?
- 2.2 Can visceral fat be removed?
- 2.3 How can I avoid weight gain after surgery?
- 2.4 Can I get liposuction if I am overweight?
- 2.5 Does a tummy tuck remove fat?
- 2.6 How long do you need off work after liposuction?
- 2.7 Who is good candidate for liposuction?
- 2.8 Is liposuction an outpatient procedure?
- 2.9 Is Lipo permanent?
- 2.10 How long do you drain after lipo?
Liposuction is performed to remove fatty deposits without conspicuous scars. The purpose of this operation is to improve and normalize body contours. Nearly all areas of the body, with certain exceptions, can be treated.
What to Expect
- Anesthesia – Usually local with IV sedation
- Length of Surgery – 1 to 2 hours, or more depending on how many areas to be treated
- In/Outpatient – Generally out-patient in our accredited on-site surgery center
- Recovery – Back to work 1 week. More strenuous activity: 2-4 weeks.
- Fading of Scars – Several months to one year
- Duration of Results – Liposuction results vary in regards to their duration, but gravity, aging, and weight changes easily affects results.
The Procedure & Best Candidates
The suction technique is not a cure for obesity and essentially is not a substitute for weight reduction. Patients that are within 30 percent of their optimal weight with good skin elasticity are the best candidates. It is also important that patients are non-smokers who have specific goals for their body contouring procedure. The Tumescent technique involves injecting the areas of the fat to be removed with a solution of saline and local anesthetic. This numbs the area, decreases blood loss, and allows for easier removal of fat. Ultrasonic-assisted liposuction in West Bloomfield is a procedure that uses the tumescent technique and then utilizes high frequency sound waves to liquefy the fat which is then aspirated. It is used on selective body areas. A thin tube, called a cannula, is then inserted through small incisions to dislodge fat cells using a back and forth motion. The surgical vacuum attached to the cannula suctions excess fat away.
The Straith Clinic Mission Statement is right on target with my experience!
Following liposuction, patients will need to wear compression garments on the treatment area to help aid in healing and prevent swelling. Healing will be gradual, and most patients can return to work within a few days of surgery. Patients are also advised to stay out of the sun for a minimum of six weeks to prevent swelling. It is important to follow Dr. Sabbagh’s post-operative instructions for a quick and safe recovery.
What are the Risks?
No surgical procedure is risk-free and that includes cosmetic surgery like liposuction surgery. During your consultation with Dr. Sabbagh, he will review the risks so you can make an educated decision. With an established track record of over 80 years, an accredited facility, and thousands of satisfied patients throughout Dearborn, metro Detroit, Michigan and the U.S., the Straith Clinic has earned an excellent reputation for cosmetic surgery of the face and body. Call us today at 248-270-5272 or send us an email to schedule a consultation during which you can discuss our facial and body services and tour our facility, including our on-site operating facility.