- 1 Liposuction
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 2.1 Are you put to sleep for liposuction?
- 2.2 Can visceral fat be removed?
- 2.3 How can I avoid weight gain after surgery?
- 2.4 Can I get liposuction if I am overweight?
- 2.5 Does a tummy tuck remove fat?
- 2.6 How long do you need off work after liposuction?
- 2.7 Who is good candidate for liposuction?
- 2.8 Is liposuction an outpatient procedure?
- 2.9 Is Lipo permanent?
- 2.10 How long do you drain after lipo?
Liposuction is performed to remove fatty deposits without conspicuous scars. The purpose of this operation is to improve and normalize body contours. Nearly all areas of the body, with certain exceptions, can be treated.
What to Expect
- Anesthesia – Usually local with IV sedation
- Length of Surgery – 1 to 2 hours, or more depending on how many areas to be treated
- In/Outpatient – Generally out-patient in our accredited on-site surgery center
- Recovery – Back to work 1 week. More strenuous activity: 2-4 weeks.
- Fading of Scars – Several months to one year
- Duration of Results – Liposuction results vary in regards to their duration, but gravity, aging, and weight changes easily affects results.
The Procedure & Best Candidates
The Straith Clinic Mission Statement is right on target with my experience!
Following liposuction, patients will need to wear compression garments on the treatment area to help aid in healing and prevent swelling. Healing will be gradual, and most patients can return to work within a few days of surgery. Patients are also advised to stay out of the sun for a minimum of six weeks to prevent swelling. It is important to follow Dr. Sabbagh’s post-operative instructions for a quick and safe recovery.
What are the Risks?
No surgical procedure is risk-free and that includes cosmetic surgery like liposuction surgery. During your consultation with Dr. Sabbagh, he will review the risks so you can make an educated decision. With an established track record of over 80 years, an accredited facility, and thousands of satisfied patients throughout Dearborn, metro Detroit, Michigan and the U.S., the Straith Clinic has earned an excellent reputation for cosmetic surgery of the face and body. Call us today at 248-270-5272 or send us an email to schedule a consultation during which you can discuss our facial and body services and tour our facility, including our on-site operating facility.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you put to sleep for liposuction?
Yes, you are sedated for the liposuction procedure.
Can visceral fat be removed?
No, visceral fat is fat within your abdominal cavity surrounding your organs. This fat cannot be surgically removed.
How can I avoid weight gain after surgery?
A balanced lifestyle with healthy eating habits and exercise is important to avoiding weight gain and maintaining your postsurgical results.
Can I get liposuction if I am overweight?
Your plastic surgeon will examine you and evaluate whether liposuction is appropriate to remove fat in stubborn areas, or if weight loss will be needed before surgery.
Does a tummy tuck remove fat?
Yes, a tummy tuck removes skin and fat together in the area of the lower abdomen. Sometimes, a tummy tuck can be combined with liposuction of other areas to remove fat in those areas and complete your body contouring goals.
How long do you need off work after liposuction?
Most patients need about 1 week to recover after liposuction before returning to work. Depending on how many areas are treated with liposuction, or if you have a physically demanding job, you may need more time off work.
Who is good candidate for liposuction?
The ideal liposuction candidates are patients who have stubborn areas of excess fat that do not seem to improve with healthy eating habits and exercise.
Is liposuction an outpatient procedure?
Yes, typically liposuction is performed as an outpatient procedure.
Is Lipo permanent?
Liposuction permanently removes the fat cells that are suctioned from the body during the procedure. However, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle after surgery, as it is possible to gain weight after surgery and create new fat cells.
How long do you drain after lipo?
Many patients have some drainage from their incision sites for a few days after surgery.