- 1 Face Lift (Rhytidectomy)
- 2 Who is a Good Candidate?
- 3 What to Expect
- 4 Why Choose Straith Clinic?
- 5 What Are the Risks?
- 6 Frequently asked questions about facelift
- 6.1 Does a facelift make you look younger?
- 6.2 How do I get rid of my double chins?
- 6.3 How long after a facelift can I exercise?
- 6.4 How long does facelift last?
- 6.5 How long does fat transfer face last?
- 6.6 What is a neck lift called?
- 6.7 What is best age for facelift?
- 6.8 How many times can you get a facelift?
- 6.9 How long does it take for bruising on the face to go away?
- 6.10 How do you take care of your face after a facelift?
- 6.11 How do you reduce swelling after a facelift?
- 6.12 How much is a facelift?
- 6.13 How long is recovery from a facelift?
- 6.14 Is a facelift permanent?
- 6.15 How is a facelift performed?
- 6.16 How painful is a facelift?
- 6.17 Does a facelift leave visible scars?
- 6.18 When will I be able to return to work after a facelift procedure?
- 6.19 What are some benefits to a facelift?
- 6.20 Are there different types of facelifts?
Face Lift (Rhytidectomy)
A facelift is one of the most requested procedures by our patients near Dearborn and West Bloomfield. As a result, facelifts, including the neck lift and the mini lift have become a specialty of the Straith Clinic. There are many surgical facelift procedures available to rejuvenate the aging face, including dermal fillers, microdermabrasion, IPL and chemical peels. Deciding on the best procedure will depend on our surgeon’s expertise, your goals, the structure of the face, and the condition of the skin.
Who is a Good Candidate?
Good facelift candidate includes healthy individuals who are non-smokers. Patients who are experiencing sagging in the mid-face region, deep creases below the lower eyelids or along the nose extending to the corners of the mouth, or loss of skin tone that creates jowls or fatty deposits under the chin and jaw could greatly benefit from a facelift. Those with realistic expectations are often the happiest with their results.
What to Expect
- Anesthesia – Usually local with IV sedation.
- Length of Surgery – Three to four hours.
- In / Outpatient – Generally out-patient in our accredited on-site surgery center or in a hospital setting. A no charge overnight stay can be provided for your comfort and convenience.
- Recovery – Most patients are able to return to work in 10 to 14 days. Strenuous activity should be avoided for three to four weeks after surgery. Bruising may last from 2 to 3 weeks. Must limit exposure to sun for several months.
- Fading of Scars – It may take several months to one year for scars to fade.
- Duration of Results – Patients usually look a few years younger. The aging process will have an affect on your facelift in later years.
The traditional facelift uses a combination of techniques that target the sagging tissues of the cheeks, jowl line and neck area. It gives you a more youthful facial appearance by reshaping the underlying tissues into their youthful position and re-draping the skin over the more youthful shaped face. In general, the traditional facelift result is longer lasting than the “mini” techniques but requires a higher degree of invasive techniques and more recovery when compared to the “mini lift” techniques.
Mini Face lift
The mini lifts provide a less dramatic result. The branded mini facelifts, like the Weekend, One-Hour, Thread, or other “breakthrough” procedures are a compromise when compared to the more traditional surgical techniques. If it has a fancy name, it is usually better marketing than medicine. As plastic surgeons, we are continually asked to provide more with less downtime. Patients have to be realistic. The mini facelift procedure, which is less invasive than the traditional facelift, will help rejuvenate the cheeks, and to a lesser extent, the neck. Mini facelifts are best suited for patients who want to correct minor sagging or drooping of the lower face, including the cheeks and jowls. Mini face lift/neck lift procedures involve fewer incisions than the traditional facelift.
Why Choose Straith Clinic?
We understand that each patient is unique and requires a specific approach when considering facial surgery and we are experts in all techniques such as traditional facelift, mid facelifts, lower facelifts, neck lifts, mini facelifts, endoscopic forehead lifts and brow lifts. Meeting the unique needs of our patients coupled with our knowledge, experience, and training is what separates us from other plastic surgeons in the Dearborn, Michigan area.
I would like to take this opportunity to relay my facelift experience at Straith Clinic. I had considered having a face lift for a number of years and had been informed recently of the expertise of Dr. William Sabbagh at the Straith Clinic by a previous patient. I researched and found that Dr. Sabbagh and his staff at the clinic were very knowledgeable, informative, caring and courteous so I was reassured of the decision I was about to make. My results were beyond my expectations and I would like to share my experience with others. Thanks to all of you for the excellent care I received.
What Are the Risks?
No surgical procedure is risk-free, and that includes cosmetic surgery like facelift surgery. During your consultation with Dr. Sabbagh, he will review the risks so you can make an educated decision. With an established track record of over 80 years, an accredited facility, and thousands of satisfied patients throughout Dearborn, metro Detroit, Michigan and the U.S., the Straith Clinic has earned an excellent reputation for cosmetic surgery of the face and body.
Frequently asked questions about facelift
Does a facelift make you look younger?
How do I get rid of my double chins?
How long after a facelift can I exercise?
How long does facelift last?
How long does fat transfer face last?
What is a neck lift called?
What is best age for facelift?
How many times can you get a facelift?
How long does it take for bruising on the face to go away?
How do you take care of your face after a facelift?
How do you reduce swelling after a facelift?
How much is a facelift?
How long is recovery from a facelift?
Is a facelift permanent?
How is a facelift performed?
How painful is a facelift?
Does a facelift leave visible scars?
When will I be able to return to work after a facelift procedure?
What are some benefits to a facelift?
Are there different types of facelifts?